Formally know as St Andrews FC, the club was originally formed by Daren Trussell in February of 2000. Daren had recently moved into the area and after unsuccessfully trying to find an appropriate fun and child orientated local team for his eldest son to join he decided to start his own . The team entered the BBDJFL in the September of 2000 in the U7s age group. Three years later a second team was formed in which Daren’s younger son played along with many of the current U15s St Andrews Hawks team.
It was at this point that Ian Bocock and Rob Davidson became involved with the club as coaches. In 2004 Daren resigned as Chairman and Ian and Rob became Chairman and Secretary, respectively. Over the next six years the club grew under the leadership of a supportive team as new age groups were created year on year and more volunteers took on demanding roles both on the coaching and administration side.
Today the club has 15 teams/age groups participating in football games and training.
2010 saw the club celebrate its 10th anniversary and enter a new era, under a new leadership team headed by Chris Varma. If you would like your son or daughter to enjoy football in a supportive and nurturing environment then please come and join the St Andrews family.
Here at FC Bridgewater we aim to:
- Provide children of all age groups, regardless of background and gender, with a safe but challenging environment in which to train, play and develop their football within a positive framework.
- Encourage sportsmanship and good behaviour.
- Promote and adhere to the RESPECT codes of conduct.
- Develop skills, techniques and enjoyment in football.
- Develop teamwork and social skills.
- Promote self belief, children are encouraged to believe in themselves.
- Provide opportunities for all those with a desire to play football, balanced with the achievement of success.